Red Hat Definition & Meaning
Red Hat is an American multinational software company that provides products that can be easily ordered and implemented. Red Hat created the original open source business model. The company contributes to the open source project, the basis for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, but charges subscription, support and services fees to those customers who rely on Red Hat for maintenance, support, and installation. Open-source is provided so that can make adaptations and improvements to the .
Red Hat got its name from founder Marc Ewing, who wore a red Cornell lacrosse hat given to him by his grandfather while attending Carnegie Mellon University. In October 2018, IBM announced that it would acquire Red Hat for $34 billion—one of its largest acquisitions. The acquisition closed on July 9, 2019. Red Hat contributes to more than 450 open source projects involving many aspects of the software stack.
Red Hat products
Red Hat offers many products for multiple platforms. While we outline some products, it is not comprehensive.
- Enterprise Linux: A -based operating system for scaling existing applications and creating new technologies.
- Platform: A secure platform for building public and private .
- Satellite: An management tool primarily used to monitor and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
- : Enterprise virtualization management for servers and desktops within the same infrastructure.
- : Consolidates compute, storage, and networking resources into a unified system.
Cloud Computing platforms
- OpenShift: An open source platform.
- Certificate system: An enterprise software system that provides a secure framework to establish and maintain trusted identities and keep communications private.
- Directory Server: An operating system-independent, network-based registry.
- Quay: A private container registry for storing, building, and deploying container images.
- Gluster Storage: Open, .
- Ceph Storage: A and object storage platform for enterprises deploying public or private clouds.
- Container Storage: Software-defined storage built specifically for container environments.
- Smart Management: management software for controlling any environment supported by Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Ansible Automation Platform: An agentless automation platform.
- Insights: A tool for analysis of Red Hat Infrastructure.
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free newsletter from 顶盛体育直播. Join to subscribe now.
From A3 to ZZZ we list 1,559 text message and online chat abbreviations to help you translate and understand today's texting lingo. Includes Top... Read More »Huge List of Computer Certifications
Have you heard about a computer certification program but can't figure out if it's right for you? Use this handy list to help you decide. Read More »
Computer architecture provides an introduction to system design basics for most computer science students. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
Networking fundamentals teaches the building blocks of modern network design. Learn different types of networks, concepts, architecture and... Read More »The Five Generations of Computers
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the computing devices that we use... Read More »