Vimeo Definition & Meaning
Vimeo is an online hosting, sharing, and services platform that allows users to upload and promote videos on an basis. Revenue is instead driven by providing subscription plans for businesses and content producers. The plans offer varying (SaaS) capabilities for video creation, , , and software tools. Users can connect with other video professionals or clients through the platform. High-quality videos can be customized with advanced within the platform and shared with an audience. Monthly Vimeo viewers total approximately 170 million.
Vimeo was created by filmmakers Jake Lodwick and Zach Klien in 2004, with the name being a spin off on the words video and me. IAC, an American company, acquired Vimeo in 2006. After acquired that same year, IAC put more effort into Vimeo in an attempt to compete against YouTube. Vimeo shifted their focus to providing curated content and high-definition video.
Vimeo vs. YouTube
When choosing a video-sharing platform, YouTube and Vimeo are two worth considering. The main difference between the two is video quality. Vimeo allows its users to upload and share high-quality videos, creating a better overall . In contrast, YouTube houses many low-quality videos. YouTube is free to use and drives revenue by showing ads to viewers. Vimeo charges for its video , but it does not show ads to viewers. Since Vimeo has a much smaller user base, YouTube has the advantage with audience size and reach.
Both YouTube and Vimeo allow their users to make money from their videos. YouTube allows content creators to use to monetize their videos. Creators will need to accumulate at least 10,000 views to use Google Adsense. Vimeo does not have advertisements, but creators can make money by selling videos directly to viewers—sort of like a Vimeo version of . Vimeo allows users to mention sponsors in their videos, as does YouTube.
The features and accessible viewers Vimeo offers depends on membership level:
- Basic (free): Best for those who are just starting out with content creation. Users get 500 of storage per week toward uploading videos and can make video uploads protected.
- Plus: Members are granted 5 of storage per week and unlimited in the Vimeo player. Customization is offered.
- Pro: Members have 20 GB of storage per week and comes with unlimited access to stock photos, videos, and music. Users can add their logo and video chapters, and control playback speed for viewers.
- Business: There are no weekly storage limits and up to 10 members are allowed. Custom branding and lead generation features are added.
- Premium: Also no weekly storage limits, Premium allows users unlimited and features such as audience chat and live Q & A.
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free newsletter from 顶盛体育直播. Join to subscribe now.
From A3 to ZZZ we list 1,559 text message and online chat abbreviations to help you translate and understand today's texting lingo. Includes Top... Read More »Huge List of Computer Certifications
Have you heard about a computer certification program but can't figure out if it's right for you? Use this handy list to help you decide. Read More »
Computer architecture provides an introduction to system design basics for most computer science students. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
Networking fundamentals teaches the building blocks of modern network design. Learn different types of networks, concepts, architecture and... Read More »The Five Generations of Computers
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the computing devices that we use... Read More »